Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let's Make A Mistake Tonight

I went to Fredericksburg so I could see Chrispy on his last night as a UMW student. The evening culminated in Chrispy deciding to shave all of his hair off. The events that followed I have documented in pictures for you lovely people.

Prior to shaving Chrispy's head, we had gone to the ABC store. Considering my huge obsession with Mad Men and that time period now, I decided to get all the ingredients to make an Old Fashioned, Don Draper's drink of choice. The recipe I followed from included these ingredients:


-2 shots of bourbon whiskey
-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
-1 splash of water
-1 teaspoon sugar
-1 miraschino cherry
-1 slice of orange
-fill cup w/ ice

Apparently this drink, done well, is the mark of an expert bartender. I am not an expert bartender. Suffice to say, it wasn't excellent but I don't think it turned out terribly. Most people in the room disagreed. I took a lovely series of before and after shots of people drinking it. However, I won't post them here, because I'm sure that's not what you all really want to see. That comes in just a little bit, folks.

Here is Chrispy and I, doing out best impression of an apathetic 1950s couple. You can also use this as a "before" shot of Chrispy's hair.

He actually does kinda capture Jon Hamm's shifty eye expression seen in this picture.

Anyhoo, now I present you with...Chrispy getting his hair shaved all off. The lovely Miss A did the honors.





And now, a small section of reaction shots of Chrispy checking himself out in the mirror after the event.





All in all, it was an interesting night.

No comments: