Monday, November 10, 2008

Barack'n'Roll

I had a case of the Mondays at work today and not much actual work to do. Still pumped from the outcome of this recent election, and inspired by a little poster in my cubicle that says "Barack you like a hurricane", I tried to come up with other ways that Barack can be incorporated with songs that have the word "rock" in the title. Here's what I came up with:

"Barack You Like a Hurricane" (The Scorpions)
"We Will Barack You" (Queen)
"I Love Barack and Roll" (Joan Jett)
"You're No Barack and Roll Fun" (Sleater-Kinney)
"Party Like Barack Does" (Shop Boyz...the original is actually "Party Like A Rock Star, but this wording sounded better to me)
"Barackin Around the Christmas Tree" (Brenda Lee)
"Barack Around the Clock" (Buddy Weaver)
"Barack the Kasbah" (The Clash)
"Barack and Roll All Night" (Kiss)
"I Wanna Barack" (Twisted Sister)
"Barack Lobster" (B-52s)
"Barack of Ages" (Def Leppard)
"It's Still Barack and Roll To Me" (Billy Joel)
"Barackin' in the Free World" (Neil Young)

Feel free to add your own and have at it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

i love you lindsey. I am glad I will see you tonight.

Skye said...

Somehow i missed this amazing post! Can you please write lyrics to all these songs, produce a Barack CD on time for inauguration day release, and retire rich and famous? (I am available for vocals)